2020-07-24
【地道英語】「我認為」點講?如何表示「有保留」?一文學識準確表達意見
圖片由作者提供
"What do you think?"
"I think this project will bring our company a huge profit."
是否覺得這對答方式似曾相識呢?在職場上,當你想要表達自己意見時,是否「開口埋口」只會用"I think......"作開場白?然而,其實這個說法在許多場合使用都不太恰當。為甚麼?因為 “I think”這個表達方式其實略帶「懷疑」的含意。那麼,該怎樣說才合適?本周,筆者會和大家分享一些表示「我認為」的地道説法,讓大家運來起來時更像英語的母語者。
除此之外,筆者亦會教大家如何「詢問意見」、「回應意見」、「表示同意」、「表示不同意」,以及「表示有所保留」。還在想甚麼?快把這些表達方式全都學會吧!
Part 1: Asking for Opinions(詢問意見)
圖片由作者提供
•How do you feel about that?
你對這件事有甚麼感想?
•What is your point of view?
你的觀點是甚麼?
•I would really appreciate your view.
如果能聽取你的意見,我將非常感激。
•Have you got any thoughts on this?
你對此有任何想法嗎?
•Do you have any views on this?
你對此有何看法?
•Does anyone have any other comments?
有人還有其他意見嗎?
Part 2: Responding to Opinions(回應意見)
•I see what you mean.
我明白你的意思。
•You’ve got a point there.
你說得有道理。
•That’s a very good point.
這點非常好。
•That’s a great suggestion.
這是一個很好的建議。
Part 3: Expressing Opinions(表達意見)
i. 語氣較強
•I believe…...
我相信…...
•I’m convinced that…...
我堅信......
•I’m sure that…...
我確定…...
•I have no doubt…
我毫不懷疑…...
•There’s no doubt in my mind that…
毫無疑問地,我認爲…...
•I’m quite certain that…...
我可以肯定…...
ii. 語氣適中
圖片由作者提供
•I think…...
我認為…...
•Well, if you ask me…...
好吧,如果你問我......
•I’d like to point out that…...
我想指出的是......
•In my opinion, ……
根據我的看法,......
iii. 語氣較弱
•I feel that…...
我覺得…...
•My impression is that…
我的印像是……
•I am not sure, but I am leaning towards…
我不確定,但我傾向於…...
•I tend to think…...
我傾向於認為......
Part 4: Agreeing(表示同意)
i. 語氣較強
•Absolutely.
完全地;絕對地
•Exactly.
完全正確。
•I have exactly the same opinion.
我和你有完全相同的看法。
•We share the same position.
我們擁有相同的立場。
•My thoughts exactly.
跟我想的完全一樣。
•I feel likewise.
我也這樣認爲。
•I feel the same way.
我有同樣的感覺。
•We are of the same mind.
我也這樣認爲。
圖片由作者提供
•You have hit the nail on the head. (idiom)
你回答得十分精確。
ii. 語氣適中
•I agree to a certain extent.
我某程度上同意。
•I agree partly.
我部分同意。
•I guess you’re right.
或許你是對的。
Part 5: Disagreeing(表示不同意)
圖片由作者提供
i. 語氣較強
•I totally disagree.
我完全不同意。
•I’m afraid I can’t agree with you.
恐怕我不能同意你的看法。
•I'm afraid I have to say I don’t agree.
恐怕我不得不說不同意。
•I disagree entirely.
我完全不同意。
•I can’t go along with that at all.
我完全不能接受。
•It’s out of the question.
這是不可能的。
•I understand what you are saying, but I have a different opinion.
我理解你在說甚麼,但我持不同的意見。
ii. 語氣適中
•I agree with you to a point, but I disagree about…
我同意你的觀點,但是我不同意……
•I know what you mean but…
我知道你的意思,但是…
•I think it might be better to…
我認為......會比較好。
•I’d be inclined to think the opposite.
我傾向於另一種想法。
Part 6: Expressing Reservations(表示有所保留)
•I’m not sure that’s such a good idea.
我不確定這是否個好主意。
•Don’t you think that……?
你不覺得……嗎?
•I’m concerned that……
我擔心……
•I’m not entirely convinced that…
我並不完全相信……
【與拍賣官看藝術】畢加索的市場潛能有多強?亞洲收藏家如何從新角度鑑賞?► 即睇